Thursday, March 20, 2008

Our trip II

So I tried to do my blog from Charles' iphone but I was not able. we finally left Austin on tuesday evening. We made it to Keatchie, Louisiana ( just other side of the border) around 10:30 pm after dealing with a very strong storm.Luckily, we got there safe. The next day, we found out there were 7 tornados in the are were the storm got us.
Wednesday morning we went to visit the Land ( 100 acres) of Charles' aunt. we spend the whole day in the forrest. Danielle played with her cousin Isabella they had a blast, They played with dirt, pick up caterpillar, look at frogs etc you name it. In the night we all got together to enjoy a wonderful campfire ( it was very cold) and very yummy hamburgers. This morning we left Louisina at 8:30 am toward Missouri and we got here around 7:30. We will stay here until Monday when we will re-start our trip to our finally destination Virginia.
I took lots of cute pictures, but I left my camara cable and charger at Uncle's Rob truck ( our car would not go that far into the woods, so he had to pick us up at the entrance of his porperty. So, I owe you guys the pictures I promise I will send them all once that I get my camara stuff.
I have to say that after all the stress of packing and cleaning our apartment it was so realxing to do absolutely nothing and just enjoy a whole day in contact with nature, no phone, no tv, no internet, you get the idea.
I thank God for my good friend Mary and Pam who helped us to clean and pack with out me even asking. I love you guys so much and I thank you for being such a wonderful friend. I know you will touch outhers people's lives as much as you hleped me and taught me by sample how to be more like Christ!
i will tell you more about our adventure tomorrow.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Wow, I'm glad you guys made it safely. It's scary driving in bad storms. I'm glad you got to spend some time in nature-it's so healing. Enjoy your time together!! Drive safely the rest of the way.