Friday, June 6, 2008

My two little princess!


As I told you earlier Sophia came to this world on June 1st. We went to the hospital Sunday at 1 am I was dilated 5-6 cm. Since, I was trying to be brave and have Sophia in a "natural way" I did not ask for an epidural until 3 am when I was dilated 7-8 cm. I finally realized that I was no t going to make it without the epidural. I found out hours later that it was the best move because by 6 am I had not dilated any more, so dr. Rx epitoson. 8 am the good Dr. showed up and told me that I still have not dilated even with the epitoson, so that just leaves us the c-section . She said the baby was not under stress , but my body was. Labor has been too long without any success and she believed that either Sophia was too big, or her head was facing in a different direction which was avoiding her to be born. Half hour later I was at the operation room full of nice doctors and nurses. I truly felt the hand of the Lord that day and all this day. The surgery was successful I had the best doctor and the best anesthesiology ever.
I had a lots of fun experiences under the effect of a drug for nauseas ( fenigree or something like that ) I was really cucu saying the most bazaars things, so after Sophia was born we were able to laughed about all my "comments" under this drug.
Here is a picture of my two princess.

5 comments:

Alexa said...

What a cute shot! I'm glad you and the baby are doing well! :)

Mary said...

She is so cute, love all her hair! I wish I could have been there with you!! I really really do!

Zarsky Family said...

Congrats! I hope you are feeling well and taking it easy. :)

Kathe said...

Feliz Cumpleanos, Danielle. Que linda las fotos. Erika, tu como estas? Espero que te estes recuperando y todo este yendo bien. Tienes dos ninas preciosas. No vamos a poder ir a la boda de litte Glade. Queriamos ir, pero despues del viaje a Espana, no tenemos presupuesto. Ustedes van?
Bueno, cuidate mucho.
Kathe

Katie said...

She's beautiful!!! I am so glad things went so well for both of you!