Sunday, April 6, 2008

A day at the Children's museum



We lived in Austin for 6 years, and We never made it to the Children Museum down there because we had so much to do in our little neck of the world or wood? However, in the last year we visited the San Antonio Children museum, the Houston Children Museum and now The Virginia Museum. Our adventure took us to Norfolk. To get to our destination we had to cross "The great waters" as my mother in law call them. You see, there is an underwater tunnel that we have to cross in order to get to Norfolk. I wanted to take a picture of it, but I have to admit that I was a little nervous because I have never driven under a tunnel, so I decided to grab the wheel and focus on driving. We were able to see the big ships and some water. Since it was raining, we were not able to appreciate much of the bay or a sunset in our way back home, but I am sure we will go back to take care of those experience.
Direction were pretty straight forward, so we made it without getting lost. We spent the whole afternoon at the museum. Danielle played with everything that she saw. She really loved the supermarket experience She loooooves shoooopiiiing! We ended up our day at the planetarium exhibit. A 35 minutes movie that explains about our solar system... very interesting for 8th graders and up, but not much for toddlers. I learned that almost every planet has more than one moon did you know that? well I did not, but you have to remember that I learned about the solar system when I was 8 years old and ever since scientific have discovered much more about our galaxy. Anyway. Danielle wanted to see the Stars, so we sat there for about 20 minutes before she was ready to leave.
In our way home, we stopped by Walmart to get some milk and something yummy for breakfast. I thought Danielle might like the idea to take a nap since our drive was about 45 minutes, but not she did not go to bed until 10 pm. I wish I had her energy. I realize how hard is to go out with her all by myself and pregnant. She behaves very well, but when she wants to be hold or I just get tired of running around there is not a relay. Over all, we loved our fabulous experience.

3 comments:

Zarsky Family said...

Oh I love Danielle with her cute little purse! I am glad you guys had a fun time at the museum.

Walker family said...

We miss you guys, sorry about today on the phone. I'll call you tomorrow.

Corrine said...

I never go to the children's museum in austin and should! they have an awesome one in Utah that I didn't go to either :) glad you are having fun!