Friday, December 2, 2011

Wow 6 moths has passed!

I was in shocked myself just to see that it has been six months since I posted last. However, I do have a good reason, perhaps it is not the most cheerful one, but it is a reason after all. You see in June of this year I started to notice that my left eye was dropping and since it was the beginning of summer I assumed it was caused by the very alive nature! a couple weeks later my friend Jana , who is an optometrist, checked my eye and rx some medicine. A month later, the problem persisted, this time accompanied by pain on one side of the neck or the other, chin pain you named it, so I kept getting in an out of physical therapy for different pains. My friend Jana told me there was more than allergies. My pcp dr. and physical therapist decided that I was working out too hard and I was stressing my body too much, so I stopped running right after I did my Midnight Sun Run in July and switch to something lighter.
By August, my problem with my eye persisted, so the dr referred me to another optometrist for a second opinion, this one sent me to a neurology and this one referred me to an Oftalmologist. Each one of them came up with their own diagnostic, but it was the Neurology who i think got the accurate one. He said I must likely have a Horner Syndrome and that I needed to see an Oftalmologist who will do the test to confirm it.
So finally at the end of October I got my appointment with the Oftalmologist, he did the test and the result was positive. A month ago he ordered MRI and I finally got it done yesterday and today I have a follow up, so we will see what is going to happen.
It is easy to write all these, but truth is that I have bounced from dr to dr from mri to ctscan to xrays to physical therapy holly molly I am just eternally grateful we have insurance. Just one MRI was 1400 dollars! Good thing my vision itself has not been affected by this so called syndrome, just my eye lid and of course my vanity. I guess now they need to figure out what caused it . That I guess is the tricky part.
Anyway, JUSt an update now I get to post un things of the girl

No comments: