Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Neighbors night out!

Last night we attended to this event. It was nice to be out and have a little taste of life on post. Pinky, who is the lady in charge of housing, has become our very good friend and has taken us under her wing. She came to pick us up after her work and took us to this activity. She is from the Philippines, so Charles believes that me being a foreign has helped us a lot with this lady. For instance, we got our very first house ever! we signed up papers yesterday and now is official. We are moving in on August 18. Charles realized the more he talked about me the lady would showed him a newer house, so now we ended up with a brand new house!
Pinky has been extraordinary, she introduced us to every person she knows and finds in her way. Her philosophy I have come to conclude is we have to help each other we just have each other. Don't you love that? I do. Like Michael and Teresa said to us "in the Army you become each others family" and I can see that materializing. It is so nice to talk to people and here al these pieces of advices that everyone has for us. Thus, last night this couple started talking to us telling us how we should prepare ourselves. The husband was very funny, he told me that around Christmas if I see something that I like buy plenty of it right on the spot because next time I come back it will be gone! lol
We ate what I think it was the best hamburger ever...I was starving so it was delicious to me. We saw the Eskimos dance. etc.
We are doing well the girls are ok so we keep on going that is the latest.

No comments: