Saturday, January 17, 2009

What a nice surprise!

Yesterday, the girls and I went to Austin to get my car repair again and spend the day with Mary. We left home at 7 am in a very cold morning (well nothing compare to Pittsburgh). We got to North Austin around 8:30 am. Stop at McDonalds for breakfast, drop the car off and then headed to Ikea with my friend Mary and all our kids (now we have 4 , 2 each all of them Girls). We got to Ikea and we found out that they have a child care for free! Yeah, but it was busy, so we decided to wait until some parents pick up their kids and then we can leave ours in replacement. We waited for another hour before we could leave our kids in the playground area, but it was so worthy because my dear friend Monica Allen was at Ikea too! what a great surprise! She is expecting baby#3 another little boy, but she looks great. I love Monica so dearly she took me under her wing when I came to Texas 7 years ago now! She and her husband are eternal friends to me. It is so funny how things happens so randomly?!? We having being talking trough face book ( that's another story) for the last few days. So I thought about yesterday and call her and let her now I was going to be in Austin and I would like to see her, but I did not have my car anyway... you get the idea. And it did happen! What a nice surprise.  We spend the rest of the day with Mary and came home at 8:40 pm after getting stuck in Austin's traffic, stop twice one to get food and other to check on Sophia who cried most of the trip, but with a fixed car...I guess that was the price I had to pay for having fun with my friends. thanks dear friends for making my day!

2 comments:

Allen Family said...

It was great to see you Friday!!! I hope we have more opportunities like that!!!
Love ya!!!

Corrine said...

wish i could have joined y'all.